Saturday, May 18, 2013

Build Your Makeup Kit: Brushes You Need

Makeup is fun and all, but we can't forget our brushes! After all, they are the things that enable us to conceal, blush, and shadow. Most of my brushes are Ecotools, but there are plenty of great brushes out there to choose from. 

From bottom to top:
Bottom: Shadow brush. I use this brush almost every day to put on my base color; it covers a lot of my lid so I can put the shadow on quickly. The bristles are very dense and close together, so I can put a lot of shadow on at once.
Second to bottom: Fluffy shadow brush. This brush is great for less intense looks; it's not as dense as the brush below it, and it just sort of feathers the shadow onto my eyes; I use it for my less intense makeup days.
Third to bottom: Domed shadow brush. I use this brush every now and then, it's great for putting shadow on the inner corners of my eyes, and it fits into the crease really well.
Fourth to bottom: Slanted eye shadow brush. This brush is good for putting on gel or powder liner; the straight edge of it makes it very precise, so it's great for a cat-eye. 
Third top top: Small rounded eye shadow brush. This brush is the one brush that I simply can't live without. I use it to put my dark shadow on the outer corner of my eyes, and for sweeping on powder liner. 
Second to top: Large brush. I use this particular brush to put on my blush. When choosing a blush brush, choose one that's not as big as your foundation brush, but substantially larger than eye shadow brushes. A blush brush should be not as dense are your other brushes, so that the cheek color looks light and not overdone.
Very top: Large fluffy brush. I use this one to put on my powder, and it can also be used for blush.


No comments:

Post a Comment