Saturday, May 18, 2013

Build Your Makeup Kit: Eye Makeup

You may not need the exact products I'm showing you in this post, but these are the products I use on my eyes almost every day. This is the bare minimum assortment of eye products that you need to have a good makeup assortment. 
Far left: Mascara. You cannot get by without a great mascara. Said "great mascara" should provide both volume and length, and it must hold it's effect for the entire day. I use Maybelline's "The Falsies".
Second to left: Primer. If you want your eye shadow to stay on for more than just a couple hours, you need a good primer. I use ELF's eyelid primer, it was just a dollar and has vastly improved the wear time of my shadow. 
Top: Smokey Eye Palette. You need a palette of dark shadows for more dramatic looks. My palette is Physicians Formula's Smoky Palette; it has plenty of silver and gray shadows.
Second to top: Nude Eye Palette. Just as important as the smokey palette, the nude palette is necessary for your makeup kit, as it provides you with a more subtle look for day. Make sure that your nude palette has at least four shades.
Second to bottom: Liquid liner. I use liquid eyeliner almost every day. It stays on great and is very precise. It gives more of a dramatic look, as opposed to kohl eyeliner. It was very hard for me to find a liquid liner that I like. I now use Rimmel's Glam Eyes, and I love it. 
Bottom: Eyeliner stick. You need a good stick of black eyeliner just as badly as you need a liquid liner. Most eyeliner sticks are fine to use; I haven't found much of a difference among the ones that I've used over he years. I use Rimmel's Special Eyes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment